On behalf of the Church leadership we would like to extend our deepest gratitude to Pastor Cheryl for her selfless sacrifice for the Church. You are a shining example to us all.
As a congregation, we all need to follow Pastor Cheryl’s example of sacrifice and help with some of the tasks she performs, many of them behind the scenes. Performing other tasks will also offer her peace of mind, knowing things are taken care of. It is unfair to ask her to try to fit everything she does into a three-quarter time schedule.
There are different kinds of service in the church, but it is the same Lord we are serving. There are different ways God works in our lives, but it is the same God who does work through all of us. A spiritual gift is given each of us as a means of helping the entire church. (1 Corinthians 12: 5-7)
What are your gifts? How can you serve?
- Is your gift kindness or sociability? Consider visiting with one of our shut-in members or Holzman House.
- Is your gift compassion? Consider making yourself available for hospital visits or in times of despair.
- Is your gift hospitality? Consider coffee hour or greeting.
- Are you good with your hands? We are looking for someone to keep our sign updated. You can also check with the trustees to see what work needs to be done.
- Is your gift public speaking or teaching? Consider signing up to be a reader or leading a study class.
- See a need in the community? Consider joining Outreach.
These are just a few examples. Our church is always buzzing with activity. Please prayerfully consider what gifts God has given you and how he expects you to use them. If you are able to help in one of the listed areas or know somewhere you can serve please reach out to us.