We offer a variety of opportunities for adults to connect through our Small Groups and Special Programs.
Small Group and Special Program Opportunities
We offer a variety of enjoyable and uplifting programs, open to all. New small groups form frequently, and we welcome suggestions for small groups that you be interested in joining or leading. For more information on any of these activities, please call the church office at 688-8677.
**All programs are on brief pause due to COVID. We will update when we will be meeting again or you can call the church for information.
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study (10:00 a.m.) The Wednesday Bible Study group meets at 10 a.m. at the church. Our studies have included individual books of the Bible, contemporary film and Scripture, topical issues, and book discussion. Our time together always includes the sharing of joys and concerns and prayers for one another.
- Thursday afternoon at PepperTree Heights (1:30 p.m.) This group meets at Peppertree Heights located in the Willowridge neighborhood at 285 Peppertree Drive. Nancy Moore facilitates this group. Car pool rides are available to this group from our church’s parking lot. Please speak to Nancy M. if you are interested in attending the group and carpooling.
- Friday Afternoon at Asbury Pointe (1:30 p.m.) The Bible Study Class at Asbury Pointe sponsored by Amherst: Asbury United Methodist Church will meet on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the Club Room at Asbury Point, 50 Stahl Road, in Getzville. Nancy M. The class will read and study the Bible, share in friendship, and pray during the 1+ hour class. Everyone is invited!
Sunday Morning Bible Study (9:15 a.m.) This Bible Study Class at our church location is one hour long in our Adult room. Our studies have included individual books of the Bible, contemporary film and Scripture, topical issues, and book discussion. Our time together always includes the sharing of joys and concerns and prayers for one another.
- Wednesday Evening Small Group Study at 6:30 pm. This Bible Study class at our church location starts with a simple dinner followed by a group study. Our studies have included books of the Bible, Scripture, topical issues, and book discussion. This is our time to come together share joys, concerns, and pray for each other.
- Dinner Groups Right now our dinner groups are on pause due to COVID. We hope to meet again soon. Dinner groups are a great way to get to know others in our church family…and you do not need to be a gourmet chef! The host for the evening provides the main course and beverage and the other group members can choose to bring an appetizer, salad, or dessert. Groups form in November and continue until everyone in the group has had a chance to host.
- Music Lessons Piano and guitar lessons can be arranged on weekday afternoons for all ages. Please call the church office for information on lesson times and cost.
- The Asbury Yarners Knitting/Crochet Circle Asbury Yarners are taking a pause due to COVID. We meet once a week to knit and crochet, share patterns, learn new stitches and make things for others. We have made prayer shawls, prayer squares, hats, scarves and mittens to share with those in need. We have also made small ornamental items to be put in Meals on Wheels bags. Everyone is welcomed all you need is enthusiasm and a desire to create. We hope to start meeting again in March. Stay tuned for details!
For more information on the times and locations when these groups meeting, please see our Calendar.